Hello and thank you for stopping by. We know the images above are disturbing, but we feel in order to get our message across we must "tell it like it is". Get to know us.
Puppy Mills are nothing new. These mass dog-breeding operations have been around for decades and they prey on unwitting consumers who are smitten by puppies in pet store windows, on fancy websites and in newspaper ads. But behind the friendly facade there often lies a puppy mill.
Watch How Not to Buy a Puppy video
SCAM ALERT: There is a PUPPY BROKER on the Lower Mainland masquerading as a RESCUE ORGANIZATION (see example video).
Puppy brokers, also known as puppy mill representatives, know all to well how to market themselves to potential buyers and will prey upon an individual’s lack of knowledge.
Be warned: brokers will go out of their way to cover the fact that they themselves are not the actual breeders of a litter and will say anything to prevent the puppy mill truth from surfacing.
Not only will brokers sell through pet stores or newspaper ads but they will also sell through beautifully disguised web sites littered with puppy photos or photos of adult champions; unfortunately photos found on a web site may not be their photos to use as images can easily be copied from a responsible breeders website & then posted on their site or printed off to show to potential buyers. Remember brokers will say & do anything to make a sale, so please do your research. learn more
UPDATE! Canada’s Third Ban . . . As of July 4th 2012 Mississauga’s own city of Rosemont-La Petite Patrie, Quebec is the third city to adopt a ban on puppies and kittens from being bred and sold for the pet store industry. A very important step to dismantling the puppy mill industry . . . read more
How You Can Help:
Are you interested in helping to raise awareness of the Puppy Mill Industy? Together we can promote change.
There are many ways to help with this cause including:
- Encourage your local pet store to become "puppy friendly" - details
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper - details
- Recommend Us! - details
- Do you have a website? Add our banner to your site - details
- Puppy Mills are crude, indoor/outdoor breeding facilities that operate from anywhere.
- focus solely on profit with little or no consideration for the breeding dog's health, care or welfare.
- puppies are born with severe health, behavioral & socialization issues.
- an increasing problem for rescue groups, municipal pounds, humane societies and SPCAs
- are the greatest cause of pet overpopulation and are the reason that millions of companion animals are euthanized each year
- often a source of grief for those who may purchase puppies from pet stores, brokers, newspaper or internet ads